Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Michael's favorite places in Virginia

Since we spent quite a few days doing the boring/historical stuff, we had to do something for the kids! "Kids" meaning mostly college students....

We went to Busch Gardens, which is an amusement park with areas themed by country. I only remember that Germany?!?! had a huge indoor amphitheater. It was memorable because it was air conditioned and we ate lunch there... They did do a yodel/dance number while we were eating...It was entertaining... I guess. We also saw some Irish "Riverdancing."

I wasn't too impressed by the place. Some of the shows were entertaining and the roller coasters are massive, but I was too intimidated to ride them... I like Epcot in Orlando, FL waaaaay better.
As part of the Historic Triangle pass, they threw in a pass for Water Country USA. Best idea for a waterpark - a lazy river with liftvests! It's way easier to navigate a river in a lifejacket instead of trying to float on an inner tube. Great way to cool off in the heat!!
This reminds me of another fun thing we did at our hotel. One night, we were able to watch the movie Matilda on a blow up screen while in the swimming pool. They probably should have heated up the pool a little bit, but I love Matilda... and Roald Dahl... so I didn't really complain too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment