Friday, July 1, 2011

Virginia Beach

One of our last destinations with the whole crew was Virginia Beach. It's a beautiful beach with colorful umbrellas and it would have been nice to park ourselves there for the day, but we didn't bring swim suits for the occasion.
We also rented these golf carts/bikes... It was fun to ride with all the girls, but we could have gone way farther in bikes! We even let little Ashley drive (I got off and took the picture - it was too dangerous for me).
A few things that weren't so exciting:

Chesapeake Bay Tunnel/Bridge - It's a 17 mile bridge with a huge tunnel in the middle. I guess it looks cool from the top and it's a cool concept because boats can go through as they please, but the round trip toll was $17. It must have been an expensive bridge to build...
Japanese Food - I guess, I should have known better than to try Japanese food... in Virginia... Anyway, first of all, our asian waitress has never heard of a bento box..... which should have been clue #1 to pack up and leave. It took 30 minutes to get my sashimi... so, I'm pretty sure it was frozen. You'd think they'd at least have fresh fish.... we were by the coast. Am I wrong??

No comments:

Post a Comment