Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lookout for Dolphins


I’m not an animal lover, but for some reason, I’ve always liked dolphins. Randomly, there are a ton of dolphins living in the water around Hilton Head. We took a little speedboat out and our guide had us on the lookout for dolphins. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t helpful. I knew I should look for a fin, but the water was this blue-gray color…
At first, it was a slow start and our guide pointed out the lighthouse and some pelicans… Eventually, he got into the groove of things and we were hanging out with other rafts and admiring the dolphins from afar. We were able to get a few good shots of them coming up for air, but mostly just the fin sticking out of the water.
It was a fun family thing to do, but it felt a little out of pocket. Whenever I think of dolphins, I think of paradise landscapes. It’s hot and humid in South Carolina, but there certainly aren’t palm trees.
After our tour, we hung out some more and decided to show up early to claim a parking space and dinner spot for 4th of July at Shelter Cove. We sat around the pier for the fireworks spectacular (napping on a bench between dinner and the show). It was nice to dip my feet in the lake during the fireworks, but it wasn’t the most impressive show I’ve seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment