Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Craving for Butterbeer

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The #1 reason that I wanted to go to Orlando.

We should have been prepared for a crazy day the minute we parked our car. We arrived in the lot at 10am and we strolled our way down the City Walk. Families sprinted past us, but I figured their kids were just excited to be on their way to an amusement park.

We finally get inside the park around 1030am and made it to HARRY POTTER LAND (as I like to call it). We were greeted by the Hogwarts Express and paused for a picture with the friendly conductor.
We pushed our way through Hogsmeade and noticed lines forming outside the stores. Yes, lines to get into Honeydukes and Olivanders. We decided that we need to find the main ride before exploring the other attractions. 
....
.......
The line was already out the castle and overflowing into a differently themed section of the park. 90-120 minute wait!! I think I'm spoiled because I usually get some kind of hook up to cut the line... but still. We opted for Butter Beer. The frozen one tastes like a butterscotch icee with whipped cream. It was a little sweet for my liking... but I'm going to say I enjoyed it because it was $12.95!! with the souvenir cup. so it better be worth my money.
The castle was awesome! I eventually got on the ride and I don't want to spoil it for anyone.. but it's really fun (and scary too)! It was the first time I've laughed and screamed on a ride because I was so overwhelmed with emotions.

1 comment:

  1. I WANNA CHECK OUT HOGWARTS! :D Damn, that butterbeer better be made of gold. lol jk. I heard the land is kind of small, but still a nice tourist location, eh? :D

    also, my boyfriend LOVES philz coffee. =] i heard they just recently opened up one in berkeley. there's one in sf and san jose too. =]

    ReplyDelete