Friday, August 13, 2010

VOODOO Donuts

I swear, I should just work for the Food Network. (this place was featured on Amazing Race.. and something else)

It was quite an experience heading down to downtown Portland for some donuts. It was located in an area that reminded me of the Tenderloin in SF and Berkeley. Mostly because of the theater showing hentai one end of the block and an oyster bar on the other. Strange location..

We waited in line for about 30 minutes and chatted with the friendly family behind us. When we finally got inside, we realized how small the bakery was. It was pretty much a counter with a ton of those pink boxes that remind me of Chinatown.
This was our collection of donuts that we ate.....
I think my favorite one was the Maple Bar with Bacon.. well, it's the most unique, anyway.
and this photo, was taken in the store only. SOMEONE failed to order it. it's a voodoo donut! the pretzel is for stabbing..good thing I'm not an angry, revenge-seeking person. I'm too lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment