Saturday, September 1, 2012

Romantic Villages

There's this warm and fuzzy feeling that I get from visiting the small cities along the Rhine and Mosel rivers. It's like a fog that's settled and preserved their fairy tale charm.

I'm sure it's partially due to the castles and abundance of wine, but I'd spend my days relaxing in the romantic villages any day.

We spent a few hours in Beilstein and then toured one of the best-preserved castles in the region, Burg Eltz. When you visit Burg Eltz, be careful to do some research in advance.

Our tour was in English and our guide was hilarious. Not in a good way. He spoke very slowly in a super nasally and mundane voice. He reminded me of Tweedle-dumb from Alice and Wonderland. There was even a slight resemblance... Good thing it was only a 30 minute tour! (no pictures/videos allowed inside)




No comments:

Post a Comment